Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 11 - Thai Village Life



Lying in Wait


Good Morning, North East Thailand


Hi and sawadee,

I'm in Chaiyaphum province in rural North East Thailand arriving this morning after about a 7 hour bus ride. 

I've got questions all prepared (translated into Thai) to go and ask villages for the video I'm making for my exhibition.  The problem with being in a small place where I don't speak the same language, is that there isn't the facility to transfer my previous video from the tape to a DVD.  I'm using a friend's video camera so it's all new for me.  There is an internet cafe here which is where I'm writing this from.   So, as yet I have no video made today to show you.  I'll probably end up making the video on my camera which as a limited video facility (without zoom etc). 

In the meantime, I get to enjoy rural life for a few days.  I'm happy to see everyone again as it's been 10 months since I was here as artist in residence at Banpao Rural Art Centre.

It is extemely hot and dry here.  I notice the difference in temperature from Malaysia and it's hotter than Bangkok.

Thanks for following my posts,  I you're finding my posts entertaining.

Cheers - Largon,

Wendy

No comments: