Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 14 - God in Bangkok - Amazing!

The Grand Palace - Bangkok
The Grand Palace - Bangkok

Bangkok Traffic Jam (Rot tet)
Bangkok Traffic Jam (Rot tet)

I finished filming my video for my exhibition in Ban Pao, so I took the 7 hour bus journey back to Bangkok. The bus arrived at the inconvenient time of 2.10am. When I got off the bus, the man who'd been sitting next to me offered to share a taxi with me. He said he was travelling to a similar area. In the taxi, we realised that we were going to the same lane (Pridi) off the same side road (Soi) off a major road. Amazing! Bangkok is a city of an estimated 12 million people and we were going to the same small street. There are at least 107 side streets (Soi's) off Sukhumvit Road (Thanon Sukhumvit) which is a highway 400km's long and we were going to the same lane off the same Soi! Some people call this co-incidence, I know it's God. I prayed earlier in the day and God answered my prayer but not in the way I expected. In predominantly Buddhist Thailand, God was in action.

There's even a wiki entry about the road if you want to find out more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhumvit_Road

Check out tomorrow's post to see some of my paintings,
Wendy

No comments: